Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cooperman are you really getting married in Goddard Chapel?

Two nights ago -- while Shosh and Derya (Jana and Anick?) and Aaron watched Friday the Thirteenth Part 6: Jason Lives! (go ahead and scoff, but Jason 6 is considered the finest in the series by fans do to its elaborate deaths and humorous approach to serial homicide) -- I spent my time looking at the nutritional information for McDonalds vs. Wendys.

McDonalds: If you were to get a meal of 1 crispy chicken sand., med. Fries, med. Soda, and one ketchup packet that is 1280 calories. The same meal at Wendys' caloric total is 1090. Although this is without the ketchup packet -- Wendy's website doesn't offer us that option.

Less interesting than that is that McDonalds uses BEEF POWDER in their french fries. Its not the oil that causes that is-it-or-is-it-not-vegetarian? outrage of a few years back, rather McDonalds chooses -- in a world of Star-Anise and Cumin and all the Thyme time can muster -- to flavor its fried sticks of potato with MEAT. And still does...

Or at least meat powder--which josh and I are just assuming is meat. even if its not he wont eat it. I once tried to assuage Josh by telling him the vege schnitzel in Israel tasted just like chicken (and thereby he isn't missing anything...). Man he still is pissed at me about that...

Last time I assuaged anyone.

Anyway Jason 6 is the return of Jason -- albeit in zombie form. Good stuff. Fthe13th:7 Jason KILLS MORE LASCIVIOUS TEENS! is also on on-demand, so I'm sure we will watch it sometime soon instead of the Netflix that have been accumulating.

Okay so no blog entry would be complete without references to the blog itself. First thing: I got my first "stranger" comment. I dont know who you are stranger but I am in love with you. This isn't the first time this has happened, but I swear its different (I swear). Thanks for reading.

Two: Adam I'm sorry for giving you shit about your blog. It's not that I dont like mash-ups. It's that I hate them.

But Im glad you are back(!) and that you have given me a shoutout in your own blog. That's like the best endorsement there is! Better than the timeslot after LOST! Who the fuck watches The Nine anyway? So thanks Adam -- I feel like the Colbert Report to your Daily Show: a less-well written spin-off bourne out of the passionate affair between admiration and spite. You are a champ!

Cooperman are you really getting married in Goddard Chapel?

-Matt

No comments: