Monday, November 27, 2006

Wii will not go quietly into the night...










I recognize that I have been manipulated by the media. Fine. But all I think about now is a) sex and b) the Wii (its not called the Nintendo Wii, rather just the pithy 'wii')

I don't even want to actually play it. I just want to be obsessed with it. Nintendo has branded it well -- they have extended the red-hot poker of Marketing and permanently scarred my brain.

ADMISSION: I have re-connected with at least two old friends that I hear have gotten it solely because I want to know how Zelda is. They think I'm being nice. But I'm not. I am just inexplicably, inescapably, hyper-actively,irresponsibly...curious.

"We should get together" they inevitably say.

"Wii should"

4 comments:

Brian said...

Can I reconnect with these old-friends also? I need to have a wii friend lined up when the lightsaber-only starwars game comes out.

MattNath said...

sure thing, brian. and thanks for so assiduously posting comments. you're my only friend.

Anonymous said...

POLITICS. WE HAS ALL HEARD THE WORD BUT WHO OF US KNOWS WHAT IT REALLY MEANS? ME DOESN'T KNOW BUT ME IS HERE TO FIND OUT

MattNath said...

uhhhhh

what/who the hell is that?